Thursday, April 10, 2008

New header and what I'm reading.

K, so the old header turned out to be a monster. Welcome to Athanatos lite.

I will be posting, obviously, from what I am reading at the moment, so I thought I'd share what that is. As I said before, I have a lot of time on my hands at work, (note the post times), thus my reading plan is a little ambitious.

1) I am using Today in the Word by Moody to get me around a bit. This months is very challenging so far, and last months was just wonderful for what the Spirit led me to using it. I recommend it if you need something to get you regularly in the Word.
2) Some time ago I committed to reading through the Bible. Not in any amount of time, but just to have the goal of reading cover-to-cover, at least one chapter per day. I'm finishing up Isaiah now.
3)After last month's Today in the Word on Matthew, I decided to keep reading through the Gospels, so I'm taking in one chapter per day of Christ's life and teaching. I hope to make this habit permanent.
4)A good friend turned me on to reading a Proverb a day, and my wife is doing so for her devotions. Besides, if you have a better idea for a monthly reading plan, (there being 31 chapters of Proverbs), I'd love to hear it! K.I.S.S.!

I do have a little bit of a backlog in my journal, so my posts will be a little behind where I actually am in my reading. I think this will be beneficial for my own reflections and memory, as well as for you, since things will be more fleshed (or should I say Spirited?) out by the time they get here.

K, so now you know how this will work. My first "real" post is just below this one, so read on and I pray you will be blessed by it!

Athanatos!
-Jason

No comments: