Monday, September 1, 2008

Mark 3, Part 2: The Strong Man

Mark 3:22-27

Often when I stumble it seems as though the enemy has bound me in my sin, blinding me with guilt and shame, keeping me from confession or seeking help, and is plundering my "goods" of grace from God. Praise God that this is a lie! The truth is that it is Satan who is bound and plundered! I now have two natures in me, and only one is truly alive, the one that Satan would have me focused on is dead.

Anyone else?

Let's live then in the truth that our flesh with it's desires and condemnation has indeed been put to death and live the live we've been given to Christ alone.

I think this passage also carries a warning that if we allow our hearts to be divided between our old and new selves we will not stand and our witness and fruits may indeed be plundered. All the more reason to be constant in prayer and confession, and to be guarding against habitual sin.

Happy Labor Day!
Athanatos!
-J

No comments: